Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

My ex husband passed away..we were married 17 years. (i

Customer Question
My ex husband passed...

My ex husband passed away..we were married 17 years. (i accdenttly found out in July of this year. he passed away in 2012. Am I eligible to receive survivors benefits?

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I remarried 12 years later. The court ordered him to reimburse me for the house but called it spousal support which was to be inn the form if a wage assignment so he immediately quit his job, called it medical and I never saw a penny,

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

He collected (so I was told ) SSI because of alcoholism

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Social Security
9/6/2017
Social Security Expert: bkb1956, Paralegal replied 11 months ago
bkb1956
bkb1956, Paralegal

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Are you still remarried?