PDtax
PDtax, CPA firm owner
Experience:  35 years tax and professional advice in all matters money
64119565

I started receiving SS at 63, my full retirement age is 66.

Customer Question

I started receiving SS at 63, my full retirement age is 66. Do I receive full benefits at 66?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I went on line in the SS website and figured out benefits at 63 which was about 1600 and at 66 is was about 2000 something, Now I want to know if I am entitled to the difference.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: when I retired from work I took the cash out not the monthly allotment. I have some money left from that and have a part time job. Just wanted to know if I am entitled to any more money from SS.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 month ago.
Hi from just answer. I'm PDtax. I'll assist.
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 month ago.
If you claim SS benefits before full retirement age, the amount is discounted for life. You do not get an increase at age 66. They argue that the early benefits you receive for three years justifies the reduction.Thanks for asking at just answer. Please rate my assistance on our feedback scale. Positive feedback is required before experts are paid.PDtax