Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

I want to apply for Social Securiy, I turn 62 this month and…

Customer Question
I want to apply...

I want to apply for Social Securiy

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I turn 62 this month and would like to collect monthly benefits asap

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

I have applied for disability benefits and am told I have been accepted to see a judge but no apppt or decision made yet.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Social Security
9/6/2017
Social Security Expert: John, Attorney replied 5 months ago
John, Attorney

Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today. Please note that the website may ask you if you desire premium services, such as a phone call. I do not control these prompts, and you are not under any obligation to order premium services to get a full answer from me. If you do desire premium services, however, feel free to select that option. I will have an answer for you shortly, unless I require additional information. Please be patient while I may have to research some matters before providing a response. In the meantime you should save the url link or bookmark this webpage in case you become disconnected and need to return to this page at a later time.

If your case is been sent to the judge it means your application for disability benefits was denied on application, and that you are appealing that denial to the office of disability adjudication and review, which is where the judge resides in the process. Currently there is approximately a 17 month wait for hearing before judges, so I'm not sure if it's worth it to you to wait that long to get a hearing and decision but do note that if the judge rules in your favor you can get benefits retroactive to one year prior to the date of application; depending on when your disability arose. That being said, there's no guarantee a win so what you could do is apply for Social Security retirement benefits as early as age 62 and if and when you win a disability hearing your benefits can be altered retroactively… Because it disability benefits will be more than the partial benefits will get if you do early Social Security retirement application.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation - simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers (even though the website already charged you, it does not credit me with the answer unless and until you indicate you are satisfied with the answer). If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. If you do not rate the answer positively, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.

John, Attorney