SSA.Help4u.168
SSA.Help4u.168, Accountant
Experience:  Tax Accountant
58285678

How do I get a copy of my award letter? I need my award

Customer Question

How do I get a copy of my award letter?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I need my award letter because I live in low income apartment and they assess us every year. They will want to see my award letter which shows how much my raise was for 2017.
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Not to my knowledge.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  SSA.Help4u.168 replied 2 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. We appreciate your trust in us. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you.

Q: How do I get a copy of my award letter?

A: I take it that you want a copy of your benefits verification letter. Whether you receive SSI benefits or regular retirement benefits, you can obtain the letter in one of three ways. Go into an office, request it online by creating an account if you do not already have one, or requesting the letter by phone. SEE BELOW:

If you need proof you get Social Security benefits, Supplemental Security (SSI) Income or Medicare, you can request a benefit verification letter online by using your my Social Security account. This letter is sometimes called a "budget letter," a "benefits letter," a "proof of income letter," or a "proof of award letter."

You can also request proof that you have never received Social Security benefits or Supplemental Security Income or proof that you have applied for benefits.

To set up or use your account to get a benefit verification letter, go to Sign In Or Create An Account.

Create an account:

https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/SiView.do

You cannot request a benefit verification letter online for another person, such as a spouse or child.

If you can’t or don’t want to use your online account, or you need a letter for someone other than yourself, you can call us at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

REFERENCE SOURCE:

https://faq.ssa.gov/link/portal/34011/34019/article/3705/how-can-i-get-a-benefit-verification-letter

Let me know if you require further assistance with this matter. As I have provided you with the information requested, in return, I ask that you take the time to scroll to the top of the page and select 3 or more stars to positively rate my response so that I can receive credit for assisting you. Thank you in advance.