Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I need to get a copy of my SSA 1099 for 2018. As I said, I…

Customer Question
I need to get...

I need to get a copy of my SSA 1099 for 2018.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

As I said, I need to get a copy of my SSA 1099 form for 2016. To whom must I speak to have a copy mailed to me.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

I am guessing that he / she would need my social security number. The fact that you have not asked for it makes me think you are a computer program and not a human being.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Social Security
8/4/2017
Social Security Expert: SSA.Help4u.168, Accountant replied 1 year ago
SSA.Help4u.168
SSA.Help4u.168, Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. We appreciate your trust in us. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you.

We are quite human. Let me first mention that this site does not have access to social security records. We are a fee based service that answers questions relating to social security and other matters. As for your request, you can obtain a copy of the SSA-1099 in one of three ways. Either online, if you have an online account. If you don't you can create one, over the telephone, or by going into a local social security office. See below for more details.

Using your online my Social Security account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. Go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab;Calling us at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; orContacting your local Social Security office.
To create an online account, go to the following link: https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/SiView.do

Hello again. I take that the information that I provided to you was satisfactory. If this is the case, I ask that you take the time to scroll to the top of the page and select 3 or more stars to positively rate my response so that I can receive credit fro assisting you. A positive rating is the only that I will receive credit. Thank you in advance.