Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I am applying for a home loan and need to have a printout…

Customer Question
I am applying for...

I am applying for a home loan and need to have a printout from SS to verify my most recent income from SS. Could you email this to me now?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I told the bank my income and showed them where I was awarded the difference between my SS and my deceased husband's SS income but they want to see something verifying the exact amount I receive.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

No I can't think of anything.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Social Security
8/4/2017
Social Security Expert: Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 11 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi. My name's Lane.

...

Please understand that you are not talking to Social Security here. This is JustAnswer.com ... a website that puts verified experts together with people who have questions about everything from Social Security, to tax, to finance, to the way these things work together.

...

I CAN, however, tell you exactly what your options are for getting benefit verification letter.

...

Social Security knows that people can lose the paper documentation. This is why they created "MY SOCIAL SECURITY" an online account that allows you to get copies of your award letter/benefit verification letter, 1099-SSA, see your earnings record, etc.

...

You can go there, log in (or simply register, THEN log in, if you've never used it) and print your document(s) immediately.

...

Here's the site for that: click here for MY SOCIAL SECURITY

...

Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab

...

If you'd rather not use your online account, you have two other options:

...

By calling 1-***-***-****, you can speak to a Social Security representative ... (Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday) ... between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. They can send one.

OR

...

You can get one by going to your closest Social Security Office. (Although you might want to call the number above first to make an appointment).

...

Click here for a Social Security Office locator, where you can enter a zip code to find the closest office.

...

But, so sorry, Social Security DOES NOT send out benefit verification letters by email. Using your My Social Security Account is the closest thing to that.