PDtax
PDtax, CPA firm owner
Experience:  35 years tax and professional advice in all matters money
64119565

I am full retirement age of, how much can I earn per year

Customer Question

I am full retirement age of 69, how much can I earn per year without penalty
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I started collecting retirement at age 62 and had to monitor how much I earned. I am a self employed Contractor - Administrative work. I've been asked to take another position which will result in a higher income. Will I be penalized? How much can I earn per year?
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: not that I can think of, just looking for what the bot***** *****ne would be if I take this extra work on.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  PDtax replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to the site. I'm PDtax, and will be helping you today.

Expert:  PDtax replied 2 months ago.

Once you reach full retirement age, you can earn any amount and not be penalized by loss of SS benefits.

Only early retirees risk loss of benefits for working and collecting. You are safe.

Thanks for using just answer. Please rate my response with positive feedback to complete your request. I'm PDtax.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The Expert had an answer to me in less than 30 minutes. This was efficient, fast and saved me a ton of time trying to navigate the SSA.gov site. SSA.gov site search needs some work as it could not find this answer without sifting through their many documents and the search kept telling me nothing was found. Thanks to my Expert!
Expert:  PDtax replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for the compliment. Please take another moment and rate my work on the five star scale above. That will complete your request.

PDtax