Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

What happens to the social security taken out of my

Customer Question
paychecks after I am receiving...
What happens to the social security taken out of my paychecks after I am receiving SS? I am 75 and worked about 5 years for Macy's. My social security has never been adjusted except for Cola. Can you tell me why??
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Social Security
8/4/2017
Social Security Expert: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 9 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

When you applied for benefits, Social Security reviewed your earnings and calculated an average for your highest paid 35 years of work. That number, after adjustments, forms the basis for your monthly Social Security benefit amount. If you continue to work while receiving benefits and your earnings in any year are GREATER than in any one of those 35 years used in the original calculation, Social Security will recalculate your benefits and pay you any increase that is due.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can further assist you.

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent