Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I used to get a letter in the mail that told me where and…

Customer Question
I used to get...

I used to get a letter in the mail that told me where and when I worked. It also told me how much that I had paid to social security on each job. How can I get a copy of this?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My Name is***** DOB 2/12/62

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Last 4 digits of my social are 7949. Do you need anything else?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Social Security
8/4/2017
Social Security Expert: TaxRobin, Tax Preparer replied 1 year ago
TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

The SSA makes your Social Security Statement available online through your MY SOCIAL SECURITY account to review:

• Estimates of your future retirement, disability, and survivors benefits;
  • Your earnings once a year to verify the amounts that we posted are correct; and
  • The estimated Social Security and Medicare taxes you’ve paid.

SSA generally will mail Social Security Statements (Statements) to workers age 60 and over who aren’t receiving Social Security benefits and do not yet have a my Social Securityaccount. They mail the Statements three months prior to your birthday. They issue Statements by mail in English (or in Spanish if you live in Puerto Rico). If you receive your Statement in English and would like to receive it in Spanish, or vice versa, call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), or visit your local Social Security office.