dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

My dad has recently died and I am wondering what we need to

Customer Question

My dad has recently died and I am wondering what we need to do to get my mother more benefits. She already draws off of my dad, and when checking on the ss cite recently, I was led to believe that most of the changes would be made automatically. I was wanting to know what else I need to do to get more benefits.
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: She has received her benefit amount, but was wondering how long it would take for her to receive more of dad's benefits.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Your mother needs to make an appointment at her locals socials security office to apply for one time death benefits and widow/survivor benefits. She will not receive widows benefits automatically unless she applies. She will need original death certificate and form of ID.