TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer
Experience:  15+ years in tax preparation and instruction
14155347

I recently received my Medicare card that took effect on

Customer Question

I recently received my Medicare card that took effect on August 1st. I have already paid my first month premium for my supplemental insurance. But I have not received anything to let me know how to pay my Medicare premium because I am not collecting benefits yet. What should I do?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: No
Category: Social Security
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 2 months ago.

The “Medicare Premium Bill” (CMS-500) is a bill for people who pay Medicare directly for their Part A premium, Part B premium, and/or Part D IRMAA (an extra amount in addition to the Medicare Part D premium).

You should receive it on or about the 10th of the month. Follow the instructions on the bill to pay the total amount due by the 25th of the month. If your bank offers an online bill payment service, you can use it to pay your Medicare premiums electronically. You can also pay by check, money order, or credit card. Or, sign up for Medicare Easy Pay, a free service that automatically deducts your premium payments from your savings or checking account each month.