Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  20+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

I would like to know what I would get for early retirement

Customer Question

I would like to know what I would get for early retirement at 58
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: was looking in to early retirement do the fact it is getting harder for me to walk and when I stup down I have a hard time getting back up
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: not at this time
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Barbara replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

The earliest age you can apply for regular social security benefits is 62, and full retirement age is 66. At age 66 (your full retirement age), you will receive your full benefit amount. For each month before age 66, your benefit amount will decrease.

Because of your ailments, you may want to consider applying for social security disability.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Expert:  Barbara replied 2 months ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can further assist you.