Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I need a copy of my SS award for 2017. I need a copy of the…

Customer Question
I need a copy...

I need a copy of my SS award for 2017

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Please I need a copy of the award letter that I received stating my dollor award for 2017

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Social Security
I need a copy of my monthly award. The letter that tells me the amount of my as an. The amount of my Medicare . The statement states the amount that will be sent to my bank account
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/2/2017
Social Security Expert: Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 8 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi. My name's Lane.

...

Please understand that you are not talking to Social Security here. This is JustAnswer.com ... a website that puts verified experts together with people who have questions about everything from Social Security, to tax, to finance, to the way these things work together.

...

I CAN, however, tell you exactly what your options are for getting your Award Letter. You have THREE options, and these are your ONLY options.

...

Social Security knows that people can lose the paper documentation. This is why they created "MY SOCIAL SECURITY" an online account that allows you to get copies of your award letter/benefit verification letter, 1099-SSA, see your earnings record, etc.

...

You can go there, log in (or simply register, THEN log in, if you've never used it) and print your document(s) immediately.

...

Here's the site for that: click here for MY SOCIAL SECURITY

...

Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab

...

If you'd rather not use your online account, you have two other options:

...

By calling 1-***-***-****, you can speak to a Social Security representative ... (Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday) ... between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. They can send this out for you

OR

...

You can get one by going to your closest Social Security Office. (Although you might want to call the number above first to make an appointment).

...

Click here for a Social Security Office locator, where you can enter a zip code to find the closest office.

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

I hope that you’ll rate me based on my accuracy and thoroughness, rather than any good news/bad news content.

That’s the only way JustAnswer.com will compensate me for the work here.

Thanks,

Lane

I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice on three continents since 1986

Thanks,

Lane

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS