Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I am going to be 60 in October, I would like to claim ss as…

Customer Question
I am going to...

I am going to be 60 in October, I would like to claim ss as my husband had a stroke and is unable to take of himself. Can you help me?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I am going to be 60 in Oct. and my husband has had a stroke and is unable to take care of himself, therefore I am unable to work. Can you help me file for social security?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Social Security
8/2/2017
Social Security Expert: lev-tax, Tax Advisor replied 1 year ago
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor

You may apply 3 months before you turn age 62 or 4 months before you want your benefits to start.

You can apply for your benefits 3 months before you turn 62 if you want your payments to start at that age.