How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 16580
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to edit my Mom's SS card to help he thru process of

Customer Question

I need to edit my Mom's SS card to help he thru process of my father's death
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: my father died. SS told my mom that there was a problem with the address on her ss card. I want to get it corrected.
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. The easiest thing to do will be to go to your local office with proof of your mother's address. You may want to take her with you if you don't have any sort of power of attorney or guardianship over her. Alternatively she can call 1-***-***-**** and they will assist her over the phone. She can also go online to and update contact information there. Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.