Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I need to edit my Mom's SS card to help he thru process of…

Customer Question
I need to edit...

I need to edit my Mom's SS card to help he thru process of my father's death

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My father died. SS told my mom that there was a problem with the address on her ss card. I want to get it corrected.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Social Security
8/1/2017
Social Security Expert: Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 11 months ago
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Thank you for your question. The easiest thing to do will be to go to your local office with proof of your mother's address. You may want to take her with you if you don't have any sort of power of attorney or guardianship over her. Alternatively she can call 1-***-***-**** and they will assist her over the phone. She can also go online to www.ssa.gov/myaccount and update contact information there. Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.