dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I AM 62 IN OCT STILL WORKING, MY HUSBAND IS 73 AND RECEIVING

Customer Question

I AM 62 IN OCT STILL WORKING , MY HUSBAND IS 73 AND RECEIVING SOCIAL SECURITY, AM IN ENTTILED TO ANY BENEFITS NOW.
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I WILL BE 62 IN OCT AND A FULL TIME GOVERNMENT WORKERS WITH 28 YEARS OF SERVICE. MY HUSBAND IS 73 AND WORKING AND RECEIVES FULL SOCIAL SECURITY NOW. I AM WONDERING IF I AM ENTITLED TO ANY BENEFITS NOW
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: I THNK IT IS IT
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Nobody is entitled to anybody else's benefits. At 62 you may be eligible for spousal benefits based on his records (your benefits based on his records, not his benefits), but if you worked for the government and you have government pension, your pension will most likely eliminate your benefits, especially if you apply at 62 for reduced benefits.

To get exact amounts you would need to call social security directly and talk to an agent who can access your and your spouse's account.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?