emc011075
emc011075, Tax Adviser
Experience:  Tax adviser IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
62958156

Am i charged for this question? My question is, i was

Customer Question

Am i charged for this question?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: My question is, i was married for 25 yrs.,have been divorced almost 20 yrs.,i draw off of my xhusbands social security because he made more, he is deceased! If i remarry will my amount go back to what i was making when i worked?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: I live in Ga. Now,moved here from Calif.,dont know if that matters!
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

If you remarry after age of 60 you can keep the benefits. If you remarry before, you will loose your widow/survivor benefits until you are single (divorced, widow) again.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hate to sound stupid,i am 69, so i will keep my benefits,correct?

Yes, you can keep your benefits. And and after being married for 9 month you can also check with social security if benefits based on your future husband's records may be even higher. Than you can choose which one you want to collect.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?