How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 16580
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to replace my card. Can I do it on the internet? I am

Customer Question

I need to replace my card. Can I do it on the internet? I am disabled and it is difficult getting to the social security offices.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I need to replace my misplaced social security card. Can I do it on the net?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you today :-)

Expert:  Megan C replied 2 months ago.

I'm so terribly sorry, but you can not replace your card on the internet. However, you can mail in form SS-5 to your local office. The unfortunate thing is that you will have to include your actual ID with your request - so you are placing a lot of trust in the office. You also must provide a postage paid addressed envelope to send the ID back to you.

Here's a link to print the form, and its instructions

You can find your nearest office, here:

Thanks so much for your question. Please rate when you have the information you need so that I may receive credit for assisting you today.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You are wrong. You can replace your card via the int
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Internet. Did it today. Do not charge me a dime.
Expert:  Megan C replied 2 months ago.
That's not up to me, it's up to the site.