Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  20+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

I just changed banking institutions and need to change the

Customer Question

I just changed banking institutions and need to change the account number for my Direct Deposit. Ho do I do that?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I need to change where my SS Direct Deposit goes. I just changed banking institutions.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: No
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Barbara replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You can change your direct deposit bank information in one of three ways:

If you already are receiving benefits, you can create a my Social Security account and start or change Direct Deposit online.

You also can sign up at your bank, credit union, or savings and loan.

Or call Social Security at 1-***-***-****, between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Expert:  Barbara replied 2 months ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can further assist you.