Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I need an award letter from SSI mailed to me at: I need an

Customer Question

I need an award letter from SSI mailed to me at:
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I need an award letter sent to Shirley Mae Clifford,***** Apt 11, White River Jct., Vt 05001/ My SSI Number is###-##-####and my birth date is 02/03/1935. Can you help me with this?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name's Lane.

...

Please understand that you are not talking to Social Security here. This is JustAnswer.com ... a website that puts verified experts together with people who have questions about everything from Social Security, to tax, to finance, to the way these things work together.

...

I CAN, however, tell you exactly what your options are for getting your Award Letter.

...

Social Security knows that people can lose the paper documentation. This is why they created "MY SOCIAL SECURITY" an online account that allows you to get copies of your award letter/benefit verification letter, 1099-SSA, see your earnings record, etc.

...

You can go there, log in (or simply register, THEN log in, if you've never used it) and print your AWARD LETTER immediately.

...

Here's the site for that: click here for MY SOCIAL SECURITY

...

Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab

...

If you'd rather not use your online account, you have two other options:

...

By calling 1-***-***-****, you can speak to a Social Security representative ... (Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday) ... between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. They can send one to you.

OR

...

You can get one by going to your closest Social Security Office. (Although you might want to call the number above first to make an appointment).

...

Click here for a Social Security Office locator, where you can enter a zip code to find the closest office.

Expert:  Lane replied 2 months ago.

I'm so sorry but there ARE your only three options.

...

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

I hope that you’ll rate me based on my accuracy and thoroughness, rather than any good news/bad news content.

That’s the only way JustAnswer.com will compensate me for the work here.

Thanks,

Lane

I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice on three continents since 1986.