Social Security

Connect one-on-one with a verified social security expert who will answer your question

retirementlawyer
retirementlawyer
retirementlawyer, Tax Attorney

More related answers
All social security experts are VERIFIED
I am recently widowed. My husband and I have been solely
Lane
Lane, JD, MBA, CFP, CRPS
I am recently widowed. My husband and I have been solely responsible for three of our grandsons for the last five years, receiving NO help from their parents. Now that my husband has died I am not sur… read more
Can a divorced disabled spouse who has custody of minor
emc011075
emc011075, Tax advisor and Enrolled Agent
Can a divorced disabled spouse who has custody of minor children and doesn't qualify for benefits herself get benefits for the children from her spouse's social security benefits? … read more
I have court appointed custody and legal guardianship of my
taxmanrog
taxmanrog, Master's Degree
I have court appointed custody and legal guardianship of my grandchild. will she qualify to collect my social security when I die … read more
I am a grandmother in NJ rasing my grandson who is Disabled.
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Principal
I am a grandmother in NJ rasing my grandson who is Disabled. I have applied for SSd for him. will my income be counted as his resources. His mother is deceased and father incarsarated the child does n… read more
I AM 65 AND RECEIVE $1710 SOCIAL SECXURITY RETIREMENT PER MONTH.
Lev
Lev, Retired
I AM 65 AND RECEIVE $1710 SOCIAL SECXURITY RETIREMENT PER MONTH. MY 17 YEAR OLD SON IS GOING TO GET ABOUT $700 SOCIAL SECURITY AS A RESULT. DOES THIS EFFECT MY CHILD SUPPORT PAYMENT TO MY EX-WIFE?… read more
CAN A MOTHER OF A MINOR CHILD RECEIVE SOCIAL SECURITY
R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA, Accountant
CAN A MOTHER OF A MINOR CHILD RECEIVE SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS FROM HER DECESED COMMON LAW HUSBAND IN THE STATE OF KANSAS.… read more
A friend has a child which she had full custody of and is receiving
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
A friend has a child which she had full custody of and is receiving SS check of about $ 400 per month as child support from her ex partner who is disabled. The court removed the child from the mother'… read more
I am the legal guardian of two minor children. I am their
R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA, Accountant
I am the legal guardian of two minor children. I am their grandmother and have been their guardian since 2003. I turned 66 in March, 2014 and started receiving social security benefits. Are my grandch… read more
My husband has drawn social security for 3 years and for 2
retirementlawyer
retirementlawyer, Tax Attorney
My husband has drawn social security for 3 years and for 2 years our granddaughter has lived with us. We support her totally without help from her parents. We had temporary custody of her in 2012 and … read more
My two year old twins receive a social security disability
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
My two year old twins receive a social security disability benefit because their father(my spouse) is disabled. When I retire, will the boys(under age 18) be eligible for a social security benefit fro… read more
Can a Mother who has two children and her Ex has Court Order
Can a Mother who has two children and her Ex has Court Order Child Support (Ex is not paying anything towards Child Support) get Child Support paid through monies already paid to Social Security in th… read more
I (the father) have received Social Security Disability for
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
I (the father) have received Social Security Disability for around 10 years and my 2 children get around $500 each per month because of my disability. The monthly payment to them goes to me as their b… read more
If someone is receiving SSD for a child(son), do to her disability,
If someone is receiving SSD for a child(son), do to her disability, and that child was living with his father and a verbal agreement was made that instead of the father paying child support for the 2d… read more
I am the custodial parent. We were divorced in May of 08
retirementlawyer
retirementlawyer, Tax Attorney
I am the custodial parent. We were divorced in May of '08 and my ex is receiving mental disability. He agreed 4 yrs ago when we divorced that is was best for all involved that we would do the 2 wks on… read more
My husband and I have had legal custody of our 12 year old
My husband and I have had legal custody of our 12 year old grandchild since she was 6 months old. My husband is 66 years old and has been receiving Social Security retirement benefits for the past 4 y… read more
We have gotten custody of two grandchildren legally. My husband
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
We have gotten custody of two grandchildren legally. My husband is on SS and I am on unemployment at this time. The father get ss because of disability and we were told that since he is getting the mi… read more
I recently (in the last 6 months) was awarded disability due
Taxtom
Taxtom, Accountant
I recently (in the last 6 months) was awarded disability due to health conditions. I now receive SSDI. I have 2 minor daughters that live with their mother. We are not legally separated or divorced as… read more
I am over age 65 and get social security for myself and my
Taxtom
Taxtom, Accountant
I am over age 65 and get social security for myself and my sons ages 10 and 15. Their mother and I are divorced since 2004. We share joint rotating residential custody. In other words she has then one… read more