Chad CFP ®
Chad CFP ®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM, Professional
Experience:  Managing Director
98767339

I am collecting social security under my deceased husband's

Customer Question

I am collecting social security under my deceased husband's name. I just turned 70. Should I start collecting under my name?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: started collecting social at 65 under my deceased husband's account (William Bud Hamilton). I was told that at 70 I should switch to my account (Judith Lynn Everett Hamilton) I turned 70 on July 16. Do I need to do something or will it be done automatically
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Chad CFP ® replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is***** have worked with Social Security benefits as a Certified Financial Planning ® Professional for over 15 years. I am also registered with the IRS and have obtained a valid Preparer Tax Identification Number.

Yes, you should apply for benefits under your name.

Please give me a minute to type out my explanation or you may use the premium service offer for a phone conversation.

First you may apply for benefits under you name in any of the three ways listed below

1. Online at https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/. You will need to access your personal information by creating your very own account.

2. Visit your local Social Security Administration office.

3. Call 1(###) ###-####/strong>

The Social Security Administration will assist you in determining your higher benefit amount, specific to you.

When you reach the age of 70 you will stop receiving any further delayed retirement credits

If you do have further questions or if my answer was incomplete or needs further clarification please let me know and I would be happy to extend my answer.

Please rate my service if you have NO further questions by using the stars, or faces on your screen and clicking submit.

I hope you feel that I provided you with 5 Star services and I look forward to working with you in the future.

Regards,

Are you satisfied with the Answer you received?

If you are satisfied with the Answer, please accept the Answer and rate my service. Accepting the Answer and Rating my service cost you nothing extra, but does notify JustAnswer that I have completed my assigned work.

If you have any follow up questions please don't hesitate to Ask.

You can rate me by using the stars, or faces on your screen and clicking submit

I look forward to working with you in the future and I hope you feel that I provided you with 5 Star services

Regards,

Chad CFP ® professional