How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lev-tax Your Own Question
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 29938
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
lev-tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother is mentally challenge his he eligible to draw of

Customer Question

My brother is mentally challenge his he eligible to draw of our father who is deceased?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: He has signed up for ssi several times and has been denied is there anything that can be done
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: No there is not
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 2 months ago.

To receive benefits, the child must:

So - if these conditions are satisfied - your disabled brother could be eligible for social security benefits based of his father's working record.