How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask retirementlawyer Your Own Question
retirementlawyer, Tax Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 17252
Experience:  13 years experience in social security
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
retirementlawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to speak to someone regarding my social security

Customer Question

I need to speak to someone regarding my social security benefits. I think my birthday may be incorrect on my benefits
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: My birthday is ***** 1, 1951. Ive applied for my benefits upon turning 66 which will be 9/1/2017, however I think they've got me starting on august 1, 2017.
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I just noticed that my Medicare card has August 1st on it
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  retirementlawyer replied 2 months ago.

Your medicare date may not be right, the best thing for you to do is call social security directly or make an account online through the social security website, typically you apply three months before you want your benefits to start, so you should be fine.

Also, even if social security started early, you can return the months payments if you wish, and they will start it on the correct date.

Expert:  retirementlawyer replied 2 months ago.

Contact Social Security By Phone.You can call toll-free at 1-***-***-****

Expert:  retirementlawyer replied 2 months ago.

Expert:  retirementlawyer replied 2 months ago.

Go to the link above and create an account, you will have access to it online.

good luck, and if satisfied with our service please provide us with positive feedback, so we can receive credit.