Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

I was approved for disability benefits March 2017 with

Customer Question

I was approved for disability benefits March 2017 with benefits beginning March 2015. When will I receive benefits?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I went Asheville, NC along with my Lawyer Randy Duncan. My benefits was approved, when will I get benefits?
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I went in front of a Disability judge which approved my benefits.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you today :-)

Expert:  Megan C replied 2 months ago.

Theoretically, you should have received your benefits already. It typically takes 2-3 months to get the benefits. Now, your lawyer can take 25% or 6,000 of the benefits - and SSA wlll deduct that from your payment. I'm sure he's as excited to get paid as you are. You're only a few weeks behind, but I would definitely stay on top of it. Your attorney should as well

I know that you are frustrated, but the good thing is that once your benefits start coming, they will continue on pretty seamlessly.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.