Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I would like to know if I retire in April of 2018 what my…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to know if I retire in April of 2018 what my benefit will be.

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

What more would you like?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

No sure, I simply would like to retire. Would my benefits not be payable if I moved from the U.S. to the UK?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Social Security
7/29/2017
Social Security Expert: Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney replied 11 months ago
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney

Hi, my name is***** .I have been practicing SS LAW full time for 12+ years, exclusively, and look forward to assisting you.

If you are of full retirement age in 4/2018, your benefit will be 100% of your primary insurance amount. Your primary insurance amount is noted on your annual earnings statement. If you need an updated copy of that, you can go to http://ssa.gov/myaccount and download it. You can also call(###) ###-#### although that can mean waiting on hold a bit.

If you are younger than your FRA at that time, you will get less the full amount and the reduction is permanent. On the other hand, if you don't start your retirement benefits til after your FRA, it can grow bigger than your primary insurance amount. In fact, waiting til age 70 makes it about 32% larger.

With regard to moving to UK, that is perfectly fine and you can be paid there.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me with 5 stars when you are done. It costs nothing extra but tells company to give mecredit for my assistance to you today. I look forward to assisting you inthe future, should you have legalquestions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!