Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  22+ years legal exp. - 12+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

When I turned 65 my Disability was dropped just like I got

Customer Question

When I turned 65 my Disability was dropped just like I got well at 65-----Why
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I went to all the Drs that you sent me to and the Judge gave me Disability
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I am still Disable
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** .I have been practicing SS LAW full time for 12+ years, exclusively, and look forward to assisting you.

I am happy to explain this. IN doing so, I am presuming that you are getting your social security retirement benefit now, so let me know if that is not so.

When we turn FULL retirement age, we are now retired, so our Social Security that we took early (with no penalty) due to disability, changes in name to retirement. You are no longer subject to the rules and limits of being disabled, thus, if you can work, you can feel free to do so to earn more, without worrying about losing disability.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me with 5 stars when you are done. It costs nothing extra but tells company to give mecredit for my assistance to you today. I look forward to assisting you inthe future, should you have legalquestions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I know a lot of people that are over the age of 65 and still draw disability
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am not happy with the answer. . I am requesting a refund now

Not sure why my second response didn't post, but I'll try to redraft it here. I am sorry you are not happy, but I hope clarification in response to your 7/29 1:55 statement turns that around.

OK, let's be more clear - there is NO SSDIB after FULL RETIREMENT AGE (FRA). No one in their 60s now enjoys an age 65 FRA so everyone now in their 60s, once they turn 66+, their disability CONVERTS automatically to retirement - and they get to keep the full SS amount they were able to take early, as disability. You need not take my word for it, see here: SCROLL TO PAGE 7 for
"When you reach full retirement age

If you’re receiving Social Security disability benefits,

your disability benefits automatically convert to retirement

benefits, but the amount remains the same."

So you see, it is impossible to find someone still getting Social Security Disability after their full retirement age,and full retirement age is no longer 65, but 66+.

Now, you didn't clarify in response to my stated presumption earlier - that you don't get disability by you may be getting retirement. You didn't refute that. If you are NOT getting the switched retirement, and ALL Social Security just stopped, then when it comes to disability, and IF you were still in the age range for disability when it stopped, that would be unusual at age 65. Technically, a "continuing disability review" could cause that, or, the SSA believing that you worked and earned more than SSDIB allows, but you don't indicate any such circumstances. Let me know if any of those existed.

But again, if you are getting SS retirement, then the above doesn't apply. Let me know, and we can figure this out.

I meant to link this to the quote above: https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10153.pdf

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When it went from Disability to SS the amount dropped by $100

How old were you when you started receiving SSDIB, do you recall?

How much as your disability?