Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  20+ years of experience in tax preparation; 30+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

I turned 62 in April and I'm thinking about starting now to

Customer Question

I turned 62 in April and I'm thinking about starting now to draw my social security. I plan to continue working, but will make only $14,000 this year. When I retire, possibly at the end of 2017, I plan to take my retirement lump sum which will be approximately $60,000. Will that affect my social security?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: Not at this time.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Barbara replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

A corporate pension or any other form of retirement income will not affect your Social Security benefits. The amount you get from Social Security is determined by your income history, not by other retirement money you will receive.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Expert:  Barbara replied 2 months ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can further assist you.