How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to change my tax deductions on my social security

Customer Question

I want to change my tax deductions on my social security payments, however, it's been so long ago, I cannot remember my user name or password. Any ideas??
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I've got the voluntary withholding form and know how to fill that out, but it does not say where to send it. I've also gotten notice that my social security statement is ready to reviewed but I don't know my user name or password.
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 2 months ago.

If you are not able to change your withholding online - or if you want to change or stop your withholding, you'll need a form W-4V from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).

Sign the form and return it to your local Social Security office by mail or in person.

Let me know your zipcode and I will find the location of the SSA office serving your area.