dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I want to change my tax deductions on my social security

Customer Question

I want to change my tax deductions on my social security payments, however, it's been so long ago, I cannot remember my user name or password. Any ideas??
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I've got the voluntary withholding form and know how to fill that out, but it does not say where to send it. I've also gotten notice that my social security statement is ready to reviewed but I don't know my user name or password.
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 2 months ago.

If you are not able to change your withholding online - or if you want to change or stop your withholding, you'll need a form W-4V from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4v.pdf

Sign the form and return it to your local Social Security office by mail or in person.

Let me know your zipcode and I will find the location of the SSA office serving your area.