Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

Can i get extra help with my drug plan if i only make 900.00

Customer Question

can i get extra help with my drug plan if i only make 900.00 a month
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: what do you need to know
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: no
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i,have savings of 25,000
Expert:  Megan C replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you today :-)

Expert:  Megan C replied 2 months ago.

If you have savings of $25,000 unfortunately you would not qualify

https://www.medicare.gov/your-medicare-costs/help-paying-costs/save-on-drug-costs/save-on-drug-costs.html

In 2017, you may qualify if you have up to $18,090 in yearly income ($24,360 for a married couple) and up to $13,820 in resources ($27,600 for a married couple).

This is applicable to federal help - you may be eligible for state help or local help - see the link above for more details

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.