dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I would like to know my payout if I collected my social

Customer Question

I would like to know my payout if I collected my social security now.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I collect my deceased husband's s.s. now, but it is my understanding if my allotment is more, I can collect that instead.
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No
Category: Social Security
Expert:  CGCPA replied 2 months ago.

Your information is correct, you can receive benefits based on yourlate spouse's account or your own, whichever produces the greater benefit for you. To see which is in your best interest is an easy task. Simply go to www.ssa.gov. Once there, establish an online access account (if you do not already have one) and then go to the benefit estimator. There you can see what the benefit would be based solely on your earnings and age and make your decision. If you decide to collect on your account, the most effective way to put this change into effect is to go to the nearest Social Security office. Bring lots of ID but , at least one photo ID, your Social Security card, and a bill or two from local utilities to substantiate your address. There an agent will assist you. You can find a local office on the www.ssa.gov web site as well.

Expert:  CGCPA replied 2 months ago.

To continue, I cannot do this part for you since to do so would require me to have your personal information which is not a safe step on an open forum. However, should you need assistance as you go please feel free to ask me.

Finally, I ask that, once I have addressed your query to your satisfaction, you approve and rate my service to you. Experts do not get paid for our work unless you do so. Thank you.