SSA.Help4u.168
SSA.Help4u.168, Accountant
Experience:  Tax Accountant
58285678

In 1984 I stopped working for the Farm Bureau Coop, after

Customer Question

In 1984 I stopped working for the Farm Bureau Coop, after putting in 10 years of full time employment. The company has been sold. I was working there for my pension. At the time you had to work for a company for 10 years before you were vested in their pension. Now I am having trouble proving that I worked there for 10 years. The company now wants documentation. I don't have any pay stubs for that period in my life. 1974-1984. This was before computers. Could I get copies of my earnings during these years? And the company that paid into social security?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: I would really like to know if I can get copies of my earning during 1974-1984. The S.S. administration would have this information.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  SSA.Help4u.168 replied 2 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. We appreciate your trust in us. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you.

Q: Could I get copies of my earnings during these years? And the company that paid into social security?

A: Yes, you can request copies of your earnings for those years, however, the social security administration will charge you for the information. Refer to the information at the following link:

https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ssa-7050.pdf

Read the form carefully. Complete the necessary information and send in required payment amount for the years that you are requesting records for.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter. If I have addressed your inquiry, I ask that you please take the time to scroll to the top of the page and select 3 or more stars to positively rate my response so that I can receive credit for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

Hello again. I am checking to see if you require further assistance with this matter. I have also noticed that my response has not yet been rated. As you have not posted any negative feedback, I take it that my response was satisfactory. Therefore, I ask that you please take the time to scroll to the top of the page and select 3 or stars to positively rate my response so that I can receive credit for assisting you. Thank you in advance.