retirementlawyer
retirementlawyer, Tax Attorney
Experience:  13 years experience in social security
16356563

I will be 65 in Jan. 2018. I have Kaiser medical insurance

Customer Question

I will be 65 in Jan. 2018. I have Kaiser medical insurance and was told by them to get my Medicare card now through Social Security so I can apply for their Senior Advantage insurance. Is this correct?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I will be 65 in January 2018. I have Kaiser insurance and I was told by them to apply for my Medicare card through Social Security now so that I can apply for Kaiser Senior Advantage in October. Is this correct?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: Not that I know of.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  retirementlawyer replied 2 months ago.

Yes, that is true, you should apply for medicare three months before you turn age 65,

once you have the medicare card you can apply for senior advantage, usually the process takes 2-3 months so applying early is important.

Please provide us with positive feedback, so we can receive payment for the answers.

I have not received any payment for my answers, Please provide us with positive feedback, so we can receive payment for the answers.