PDtax
PDtax, CPA firm owner
Experience:  35 years tax and professional advice in all matters money
64119565

My question is. I will turn 66 on 6/2/18. When is the

Customer Question

Hi. My question is. I will turn 66 on 6/2/18 . When is the earliest I can collect my 100% . I was told you can collect your 100% 6 mths before your 66th birthday. Is that so ?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: That was my only question . Thanks. Anita
Category: Social Security
Expert:  PDtax replied 2 months ago.
Thanks foe asking, Anita. I'm PDtax. I'll assist.
Expert:  PDtax replied 2 months ago.
If you were born between 1943 and 1954, you reach full retirement at age 66. You typically apply 6 months before 6/2/18, but your first check needs to be dated after 6/2/18 to collect 100%. The six month lead time gives SSA time to process your claim.Thanks for asking at just answer. Please rate my response with positive feedback, as experts ate not paid until positive feedback is recorded. I'm PDtax.