James Daloisio
James Daloisio, Tax Attorney
Experience:  24 years of continuing education and experience.
76451072

Is it possible to get form 1099 from year 2014 to replace

Customer Question

is it possible to get form 1099 from year 2014 to replace lost for, (account###-##-####
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: my wife's 1099 was missing on preparation.irs will accept new return for the year 2014.afain ss###-##-#### name Beatrice matz, now residing at 4019 da vinci dr. Longmont Co.80503
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: not to my knowledge
Category: Social Security
Expert:  James Daloisio replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney and licensed tax preparer. Here is what you need to know. The IRS has your 1099. You can go online to irs.gov and under the "Tools" menu click on "get a tax transcript." Follow the instructions and you will eventually be able to obtain your wage and income records, i.e., any income that was paid to you for which the payer filed a W2 or 1099. If you haven't filed a 2014 tax return then you are deemed a nonfiler and will be subject to a late filing penalty and possible a late payment penalty if you owe a deficiency. However, once you file your return, if you are in compliance with the tax laws and have never had a penalty before, the IRS has a "First Time Penalty Abatement" program where they will forgive your first penalty. If you have already filed your 2014 return, you have three years from the due date (04/15/2018) to file an amended return (Form 1040X). Your alternative is to give a power of attorney to a tax professional and have them obtain the transcript for you. I hope this addresses all of your issues. If so I'd appreciate a positive rating indicating you are satisfied with this service, and afterward you may me follow up questions on this issue at no additional cost. Thank you!