How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am filling out a w-4v form to stop withholding taxes to be

Customer Question

I am filling out a w-4v form to stop withholding taxes to be taken out of my benefits. I also receive benefits from my deceased husband that come in my name. do I use his ssn# ***** name on a separate form to stop withholding taxes or mine. I am using two separate forms.
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: No, I don't think so
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 3 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Are you receiving separate benefits from two separate payers? You do not use your husband's social security or name. The benefits reported to you under your social security number are YOUR benefits, regardless of the source.