How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask emc011075 Your Own Question
emc011075, Tax Adviser
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3166
Experience:  Tax adviser IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
emc011075 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need the number of the department that will allow my

This answer was rated:

I need the number of the department that will allow my husband and his mother to do a POA for her social security
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Yes, I need the number of the department that can help my husband be the POA for his mother.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: she has alzheimers

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Social security will not accept any power of attorney form under no circumstances. You need to visit your local social security office to fill out an application to be "representative payee" or become beneficiaries' guardian which is usually court appointed representative.

Unfortunately this cannot be done over the phone. Social security representative will need to verify your identity and the relationship to the beneficiary.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok thank you

You're welcome. Social security is taking the "privacy policy" too seriously. It will not accept any power of attorney, will not talk to you about anybody's benefits but your own, will not e-mail or fax you anything. The easiest way is to make an appointment at your local office.

emc011075 and other Social Security Specialists are ready to help you