dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I had an accident in Nov 2016; in Feb I applied for SS

Customer Question

I had an accident in Nov 2016; in Feb I applied for SS pending an offer for disability which I just got approved. 1) how much money can I make on disability when I return to work? 2) when I go off disability, will my SS be reinstated or can I stop receiving payments until I reach maximum retirement age? Drs did not know how/if my recovery would go so I had no choice but apply for SS. Thank you! *****###-##-####JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 8 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** .I have been practicing SS LAW full time for 12+ years, exclusively, and look forward to assisting you.

Tracey Can you clarify: Are you saying you applied for Social Security Disability and you prevailed on the claim, and are now collecting those benefits? Or you are talking about a different disability benefit?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No I was on SS first until my SS disability came through.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I no longer want to participate! May I discontinue te program and have my money back?
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 7 days ago.

Thank you for returning Tracey - When you left for the day, I realized you weren't coming back for a spell and ultimately went home myself. That said, I am happy to help you with your concerns, so let me know. I will be in and out today, but will make a point to check back with you in case you have the opportunity to check in yourself. Have a great day!