annelew12554
annelew12554, Social Security
Experience:  I have extensive knowledge of the rules of Social Seeurity
5242771

Can I get a portion of my monthly check prior to the due

Customer Question

Can I get a portion of my monthly check prior to the due date
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am behind in my DTE bill and need to make a $400 dollar payment before I get my check on 7/26 by tomorrow so that my power will not be suspended.
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no just need to make the above payment before I get my SS check on 7/26
Category: Social Security
Expert:  annelew12554 replied 3 months ago.

Hi

I'm Anne & I've been preparing taxes for 28 years. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Hi

You were not specific re: the type of SS benefits you are receiving. If you are receiving RETIREMENT benefits, based on either your or your spouse's income prior to retirement, then unfortunately, Social Security does not extend loans or advances on retirement benefits, even if the agency has approved the application and payment is pending.

If you are collecting Social Security Disability, then SSI rules allow a one-time expedited or emergency advance payment, in case an applicant is facing a financial emergency and is unable to pay for essentials: food, clothing, shelter or medical care. To approve the payment, Social Security must reach a finding of "presumptive eligibility" based on the financial resources and medical status of the applicant. If the agency approves the emergency advance but does not approve the application, then it considers the advance an overpayment, and will insist on repayment.

You would need to go to your local Social Security office, and see one of the workers re that advance.

If you have found my answer helpful, then please take the moment to rate positive by clicking on the stars

It is ONLY through postive ratings that I am given credit for my work here.

Thank you for choosing justanswer