SSA.Help4u.168
SSA.Help4u.168, Accountant
Experience:  Tax Accountant
58285678

We did not receive 1099s to file with our taxes. We are

Customer Question

We did not receive 1099s to file with our taxes. We are unable to access our local office because they don't answer their phones. How do we get a copy
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I'm not sure what more you want. Our ID's? They just never came in the mail and I'm tired of spending all day calling the local office which does not answer Its 6 months since they should have been received
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: Again they didn't come in the mail. Do you need our name and SSN's? Otherwise what else could they possibly need. This is supposed to be something you automatically sent to us.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  SSA.Help4u.168 replied 14 days ago.

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. We appreciate your trust in us. My name is Angela. I will be assisting you. As for your inquiry, I take it that you are asking for the SSA-1099s that social security mails out yearly. You can request replacement SSA-1099s online or by going into a local office. It sounds as if you don't want to go into the office and you have already tried to reach them via telephone. To request the replacement SSA-1099s online, you will first need to set up an online account if you don't already have one. To do this, copy the entire following link and follow the instructions;

https://faq.ssa.gov/link/portal/34011/34019/article/3706/how-can-i-get-a-form-ssa-1099-1042s-social-security-benefit-statement

Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter. If not, please take the extra time/step by scrolling to the top and selecting 3 or more stars to positively rate my response so that I can receive credit for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  SSA.Help4u.168 replied 9 days ago.

Hello again. I am checking in with you to see if you require further assistance with this matter. If not, again I ask that you please take the extra time/step to scroll up to the top of the page and select 3 or more stars to positively rate my response so that I can receive credit for assisting you. Thank you in advance.