annelew12554
annelew12554, Social Security
Experience:  I have extensive knowledge of the rules of Social Seeurity
5242771

My step-son, my wife`s son Renna passed away July 3, 2017 at

Customer Question

Hello, My step-son, my wife`s son Robert Renna passed away July 3, 2017 at MMC. He is to be cremated, but the funeral parlor needs his SSN, which we don`t know. He unfortunately, basically lived off the streets so we don`t have any knowledge of what he might of done with it. How can we go about getting this? The funeral home is Advantage Funeral Home at***** Portland, Maine. Their telephone number is(###) ###-#### I`m giving this to you so that you know that we aren`t just somebody trying to get things illegally. My name is***** and my wife is Donna Wilkinson. Thank you
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: Just that he was homeless and we really only heard from him sporadically. He was born as Robert Harvey Allen and then my wife got divorced later on and he was adopted as Robert Harvey Renna. The last name was my wife`s second husband`s.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  annelew12554 replied 3 months ago.

Hi

I'm Anne & I've been preparing taxes for 28 years. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Hi

First, let me express my sincere sympathy on the death of your step son. No parent should have to bury their child. It's just not the natural order of things.

Since your wife is the biological parent, she can go to the local SS office and apply for a replacement card. She will need his birth certificate, and possibly his death certificate so I would make sure she has that also. Please see below for more information:

https://faq.ssa.gov/link/portal/34011/34019/Article/3873/How-do-I-replace-a-Social-Security-card-for-a-child

If you have found my answer helpful, please take the moment to rate positive by clicking on the stars.

It is ONLY through positive ratings that I am given credit for my work here.

Thank you for choosing justanswer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I want to cancel this site. How do I go about it? Thank you.

Did you not find the information helpful? Do you have followup questions I can help you with?