How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lev-tax Your Own Question
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 29570
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
lev-tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Iam 66 years old be 67 in aug. and I get s.s. now and

Customer Question

Iam 66 years old be 67 in aug. and I get s.s. now and wondering how much I can make working part time with out hurting my ss
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: How much can I make a year with out hurting my social security I am 66 and will turn 67 in Aug.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: Not right now
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 month ago.

You can get Social Security retirement benefits and work at the same time. However, if you are younger than full retirement age and make more than the yearly earnings limit, the SSA will reduce your benefit.

Your FRA - full retirement age is 66.

Starting with the month you reach full retirement age, the SSA will not reduce your benefits no matter how much you earn.

Please see for reference

Let me know if you still need any clarification.

Related Social Security Questions