LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I have direct deposit with New Generations FCU and need to

Customer Question

I have direct deposit with New Generations FCU and need to change need to change my bank BB&T.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: MY ss# *****###-##-#### my name Is*****
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: I live at 14113 Ridge Creek Rd., Midlothian, VA 23112
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 days ago.

Good afternoon Patricia,

I'm Doug, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

I'd like to make you aware that you are not communicating with the social security administration, but to JustAnswer, a pay-for-service question and answer site. I can help you but have no ability to directly access social security's confidential information they have for you.

I can however assist you in understanding how to get what you need from social security, often online and you can have the document that you need within about 15 minutes.

If you already are receiving benefits, you can create a My Social Security Online Account and start or change Direct Deposit online. If you don’t already have an account, you can easily create one. You can open your own social security online account and see your earnings statement, estimated retirement benefit, change bank accounts and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site: http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

Do not close your old account until the first payment has been deposited by social security into your new account. If you close the old account too quickly, you could miss a monthly benefit payment that could take 4to 6 weeks to get back from social security.

Alternatively, if you are already receiving Social Security and or Supplemental Security Income benefits through direct deposit, then you may change the account the deposit is posted to by calling 1 (800) SSA-1213 (1-***-***-****). The representative will be able to assist you in getting the change made to your account.

Finally, you may also visit your local social security office and make the change.

You may reply back to me again if you have additional questions, and I will continue to assist you.

I am not an employee of this site and I am only paid for helping you when you rate my service to you. Please remember to rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars on your screen (preferably 5-Stars) so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours well in 2017,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 days ago.

Good afternoon,

Is there anything else I can assist you with today? It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars so that I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service. It is greatly appreciated.

I wish you the best in 2017,

Doug