Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  22+ years legal exp. - 12+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

My broyher died a couple months ago and my nephew is still

Customer Question

my broyher died a couple months ago and my nephew is still collecting his cks is ther any way u can help me stop this
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: jeffery glen thurston sr die three months ago in traverse city mi just need to know that his son is not collecting his money
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: yes his retirement pay i thing is still going to his son
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is***** have been practicing SS LAW full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.

Please contact his local SSA office to make sure it was notified of the death. If you are unsure where that may be, you can call(###) ###-#### Usually a funeral home will do this, but not always. Also, please send or drop off at the local office a copy of the death certificate - they need that to confirm what is being told to them, as sometimes bad people falsely report a death just to hurt another.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me with 5 stars when you are done. It costsnothing extra but tells company to give me credit for my assistance to youtoday. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!