Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  20+ years of experience in tax preparation; 30+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

I am on SSI from work-related injury at GM and just turned

Customer Question

I am on SSI from work-related injury at GM and just turned 62 do I need to contact the SS Administration?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am medically retired and drawing SSI due to a job-related injury. I just turned 62 not sure what I need to do if anything.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: no
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Barbara replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Many people who are eligible for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) may also be entitled to receive Social Security benefits. In fact, the application for SSI benefits is also an application for Social Security benefits. Social Security often needs additional information from you before they can award Social Security benefits.

Since you are 62, my best advice would be to contact Social Security directly at 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Expert:  Barbara replied 4 months ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can further assist you.