emc011075
emc011075, Tax Adviser
Experience:  Tax adviser IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
62958156

If I start my SS benefits at full retirement age will I be

Customer Question

If I start my SS benefits at full retirement age will I be able to continue working for the next year?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I want to work the rest of this year, but would like to receive my benefits starting in July (I was born 7/18/51). Can I do that and still receive full benefits?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: Would July be my first month of full retirement if I was born 7/18/51?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Once you reach your full retirement age you can have unlimited earnings and keep your full benefits. The benefits are only reduced before full retirement age.