dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I have applied for my husbands social security benefits. He

Customer Question

I have applied for my husbands social security benefits. He passed away in October of 2016 and I have not received his social security.
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I didn't think it would take this long to receive his benefits. I really need the money.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: I don't know what else I can tell them. I have called them and they tell me its in the payment department, and have sent it through top priority, but I still have not received it.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using justanswer.com.

Just some questions for you. How old are you? Is this a survivor benefit (he has passed) or a spousal benefit (50% of his benefit)? Do you receive an SSA benefit and if so how much? When did you elect to take your benefit (at what age)?

Oops, I guess I missed that he passed away.

Please answer the rest of the questions and I can properly ascertain your situation. Thank you.