ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Business Consultant/Accounting Manager
89981332

Is it ok to mail my Application for Enrollment in Medicare

Customer Question

Is it ok to mail my Application for Enrollment in Medicare Part B? Along with signed Employer Information Form, of course (CMS40B and CMS-L564. If ok, should I use certified mail? Thanks, JE
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am already receiving benefits and signed up for Medicare Part A. I am retiring on June 30, 2017. I want to apply for Medicare Part B. Do I have to deliver the completed forms, or can I mail them to the SSA office?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: I am working in New Orleans but my home address in in Houston where I will be retiring, so I would like to mail the Medicare Part B if possible. If not a good idea can I deliver it to a different SSA office than the one in Houston that my address is close to. Thanks, JE
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  ABC Accounting Group replied 1 month ago.

Hi. Great Question. Do a certified/retrurn receipt.

Let me know if this helps and if you have any questions.