dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I have been receiving SS payments monthly and working within

Customer Question

I have been receiving SS payments monthly and working within the guidelines. I now want to retire as I will be 68 shortly. What is the best way to get started? Should I go directly to a SS Office?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Is someone still there?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: I do not think so. I just want to retire as my job is being phased out.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Once you reach your full retirement age you can have unlimited earnings and your benefits will not be affected. You do not need to officially notify socials security that you are retiring. Your benefits will not change. Retiring or not, it is a personal choice that has not effect on your benefits.