How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been receiving SS payments monthly and working within

Customer Question

I have been receiving SS payments monthly and working within the guidelines. I now want to retire as I will be 68 shortly. What is the best way to get started? Should I go directly to a SS Office?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Is someone still there?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: I do not think so. I just want to retire as my job is being phased out.
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 5 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Once you reach your full retirement age you can have unlimited earnings and your benefits will not be affected. You do not need to officially notify socials security that you are retiring. Your benefits will not change. Retiring or not, it is a personal choice that has not effect on your benefits.