Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

I have an uncle who died on 4/7/2016 however I found out

Customer Question

I have an uncle who died on 4/7/2016 however I found out that there is still deposits going regulary to his bank accout
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: how to deal with deposits from the SS administration in an account of a relative who died last year
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: i have not withdrawn any money from this account since his death and was not aware of ongoing deposits
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using justanswer.com. Give me a bit and I will draft you an answer to your question.

It sounds as though his death was not ever reported. You were correct not to spend the money as that will have to be paid back to SSA up until the month of his death. You will need to give SSA a call (1-***-***-****) and report his death or go into an SSA office (https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp) and speak to an SSA rep and report his death and get the money repaid.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if you are satisfied. This will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated by the site for my time with you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions if you feel your questions has not been fully answered. See link on how to rate: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?